Having engaged staff is not an easy accomplishment. In order to motivate your staff to participate, you have to find out what makes them tick. As a SaaS provider that has customers in different parts of the world, it is an interesting exercise to see what people in distant places are excited about. We have seen different incentives being suggested on our platform, such as having a life size statue of the best employee or extra paid vacation. Cultural and geographical differences aside, there is no doubt though, that you need to know what motivates people to help you achieve excellence.
We have already written before about organisations looking after their employees and how beneficial it can be. This is but one of the necessary elements, if you want to maintain the motivation up there are a few things to take into consideration:
– Is the leader of your organisation trustworthy?
– Is your company still relevant in your market?
– Are you providing room and opportunities for employees to progress?
– Do employees feel secure and like they have a stable job?
– Do employees see any impact on the ideas they produce?
– Are your employees genuinely happy?
If you have answered yes to all of the previous questions, it is safe to say that you will have a fairly well engaged workforce. If you haven’t, maybe it’s time to offer that life size statue after all.