This suggestion box was found by a friend somewhere in the world and it must be the best one we’ve ever seen. Seriously, just look at it, it’s got so many things going for it, I can’t get over the awesomeness.
– It’s multi-functional – you can use it for both complaints and idea generation.
– Straightforward and cheap to upgrade – if you need to use it for something else, all you need to do is slap another printed paper strip on it.
– It’s easy on the eyes – just look at that state of the art design and the variety of fonts employed! Why use only one font when you can use several?
– It’s uncomplicated to use – all you have to do is ask the manager for the correct form to fill in.
– It’s always in the same place – When you have a great new idea, you always know where to find it. All you need to do is remember to fill in the form the next time you’re at work.
– You don’t have to worry much about your ideas – You just drop them on the box and something will happen to them… eventually.
– It’s anonymous – and no credit needs to be given to whoever came up with it in the first place.
– It’s lo-fi and that’s so trendy – You don’t need anything to set it up, just prop it up somewhere. Simple!
– It’s portable – You can move it around the office and put it wherever it will match the decor.
– It’s in English only – Are there any other languages in the world?
As you may have guessed already, this is intended to be a humourous post. Inevitably, if you’re a company that wants to continue to innovate, you’ll realise the limits of something like a suggestion box and you’ll consider expanding to idea management software. Companies that embrace the value of the input of their employees, customers, stakeholders, or constituents need the ideal set up to receive, analyse, and implement these ideas.
To learn more about how idea management can help your business innovation, check out our guide “Beginner’s Guide to Innovation”.