Last updated: February 2020
1. The Site. This Site provides a service ("Service(s)") whereby entities with business, technical, engineering, scientific, logistical, manufacturing, or mathematical problems ("Seekers") may post such problems ("Wazoku Challenges" also referred to as Wazoku Challenge Statements) and may offer a payment amount (each, an "Award") for solutions submitted by Solvers for a specific Wazoku Challenge via the website (“Proposed Solutions”), which the Seeker deems acceptable ("Accepted Solutions") based upon the structure of the challenge. Seekers may be commercial enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, local, state, or government agencies (including agencies of the UK government), or other entities. Each challenge type has differing levels of difficulty, and information required from Solvers. Some Wazoku Challenge Statements only request limited information from Solvers, but others contain detailed criteria for Accepted Solutions, such criteria located in password-protected areas of the Site (“Project Rooms”). By using this Site, you acknowledge that Wazoku does not control in any manner the nature, quality, legality or timing of Wazoku Challenges. You agree that Wazoku is a neutral forum for Wazoku Challenges and Solver Proposed Solutions.
Wazoku desires to make your use of this Site enjoyable, and will endeavor to keep postings related to the results of Proposed Solutions and Awards paid as current as possible. However, we do not guarantee that the postings or content on this Site will be current at all times. Furthermore you understand that you may create a Proposed Solution for an Wazoku Challenge that may have a recently Accepted Solution, and for which the Award has already been paid, and for which we have not yet updated the Site to reflect such payment.
2. Eligibility. The Site is not available for use by minors (those under 18 years of age, or otherwise under applicable law), or individuals or organizations who cannot form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Site. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with the United States or its citizens, you may not use this Site.
3. Solver Registration. To be eligible to solve Wazoku Challenges (as further described below) and access information in the Project Rooms, you must register as a Solver and agree to the additional terms and conditions set forth in the Challenge-Specific Solver Agreement that may be applicable to individual Wazoku Challenges. You may cancel your registration at any time by email@example.com. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password and a login name. You agree that your registration information at all times correctly represents your professional affiliation, experience, qualifications and ability to transact business. You may not use a login name of another Solver. You may not disclose or share your password to any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purposes. You agree to notify Wazoku at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your account or breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or login information. Remember, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s).
4. Others’ Information. Wazoku does not guarantee the accuracy of the Site or ownership of any information in an Wazoku Challenge Statement or the availability of any Award, unless otherwise stated in an Wazoku Challenge Statement. While Wazoku believes such information to be posted in good faith, Wazoku does not control the information provided by others that is made available through the Site. Other user’s information may be inaccurate. You agree to look solely to the Seeker for any claims you may have regarding their information. If you have a dispute with another user of the Services, you hereby release Wazoku from all claims of any kind arising out of such dispute. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code, Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
5. Your Information. You may have the opportunity to communicate with other users. Any information you provide to Wazoku or other users during your registration or use of the Services, in any public message area, through any mail feature, or otherwise generated out of your use of the Services, is subject to the following:
- Your Content. You are solely responsible for the content of your information, postings, or Proposed Solutions.Wazokuacts merely as a conduit for the distribution and/or publication of that information. Wazoku reserves the right to take any action with respect to such information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if Wazoku believes information is inappropriate for the Site or the Services, may create liability for Wazoku, or may cause Wazoku to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its Internet service provider, advertisers, or other suppliers. You agree that your information will be accurate and will not, to the best of your knowledge: (a) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, (b) violate any law (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising), or (c) be libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing. You may be asked to make legally binding warranties and representations to Wazoku and the Seeker in relation to a Proposed Solution that you submit.
6. Additional Conditions Regarding Proposed Solutions. If you submit a Proposed Solution in response to an Wazoku Challenge Statement, you agree that you are the owner of the submitted Proposed Solution and that you are legally free to make the disclosure and to convey the intellectual property rights being offered to the Seeker. You also agree that your Proposed Solution is subject to the additional terms and conditions in any applicable Solver Agreement or Challenge-Specific Agreement.
7. Payment of Awards. Payment of Awards will be handled in accordance with the terms set forth in the Wazoku Challenge Statement and/or its applicable Solver Agreement. The conditions for qualifying for a particular Award shall be as set forth on the Site in connection with that particular Wazoku Challenge Statement and Award and may include a list of excluded solutions. The decision as to qualifying criteria and conditions and whether to accept a Proposed Solution is entirely within the discretion of the Seeker.
8. Ownership and Limited License. (a) Wazoku and its licensors shall retain all ownership in the Site and all content generated by it that is displayed on the Site. Wazoku grants you a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the Site provided that you do not (i) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, (ii) modify or attempt to modify the Site in any manner or form except that you have the right to modify your self-generated content on the Site. The license granted to you by Wazoku is a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Wazoku. Except as set forth in Section 8(b), this license does not include any copying or distribution, resale or commercial use of this Site or its contents; any collection and use of any Challenge listings, descriptions, or Awards; any derivative use of this Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of Challenge information for the use or benefit of another; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Wazoku. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Challenge descriptions, images, text, page layout, or form) of Wazoku without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Wazoku's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Wazoku. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Wazoku. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Wazoku.com so long as the link does not portray Wazoku, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any Wazoku logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission
9. Compliance with Rules. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or which is intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You agree not to take any action (including without limitation, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure. You agree not to take any actions which may undermine the integrity of our system or the Services, such as: leaving feedback or ratings for yourself; using the Site in violation of local, state, national or international law; uploading of files or content that contain material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the Services and the transfer of the technologies or information with which you are involved, including without limitation, import/export requirements, and Wazoku expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
10. No Warranties. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". WAZOKU MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RESPECTING THE SERVICES.
11. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer. Wazoku has no control over, and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Seekers, or the quality or legality of the Proposed Solutions sought thereby. Wazoku does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Wazoku Challenge Statement, nor endorse any Seeker.
WAZOKU SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) YOU SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WAZOKU BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100 REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. You agree that you will be responsible for, and at Wazoku’s request defend Wazoku from, third party claims arising out of information you provide to Wazoku for publication or any breach by you of this agreement.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action accrues, or be forever barred.
12. Harmful Substances. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERTAKING WORK RELATED TO WAZOKU CHALLENGE STATEMENTS POSTED ON THE SERVICE MAY REQUIRE THE USE OR SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICS OR CHEMICALS THAT COULD BE BACTERIALLY MUTAGENIC, TOXIC, CARCINOGENIC OR OTHERWISE HARMFUL TO YOU AND ANYONE ELSE THAT IS EXPOSED TO THEM, AND YOU UNDERTAKE THE CREATION OF SUCH PROPOSED SOLUTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
13. Other Contracts, Confidentiality, and Indemnification. You agree that you will not disclose to Wazoku or its affiliates, or to any Seeker, any information which you are under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise do not have the right to sell or license. You agree that you will not discuss any confidential information of your own, other parties, or the Seeker related to any Wazoku Challenge, unless you are specifically working within the confines of a Project Room through the Site. All information in Project Rooms shall be deemed “confidential information” for purposes of this Section 13. Should your participation in the Service be found to breach legal obligations you may have with other third parties or in the event of a breach of the confidentiality obligations in this Section 13, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Wazoku and Seeker, its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with such unauthorized and prohibited disclosure.
14. Third-Party Web Site Links. The Site may contain links to Web sites operated by parties other than Wazoku. Such links are provided for reference only and Wazoku does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their contents. Wazoku's inclusion of links to such Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.
15. No Third Party Reliance. You agree that you will not present to third parties any content or material in a manner that could be construed as conveying sponsorship, endorsement, option, or representation or warranty of Wazoku. This agreement shall have no third party beneficiaries, other than certain Seekers in accordance with the terms of the applicable Solver Agreement or Challenge-Specific Agreement.
16. Copyright. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Wazoku or its Seekers and protected by UK and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Wazoku and protected by UK and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Wazoku or its software suppliers and protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.