Looking for some ideas? We’re all about capturing the best ideas and helping them become reality. Our Idea Management Software is quick to implement and simple to use.
For those of you who aren’t ready for an Idea Management tool check out this list… of tried and true idea generation techniques. These techniques can help stimulate creative thinking or inspire you. Did we miss any? What works for you?
Shout out to Mckenzie Cerri for contributing to this list!
2. Expose yourself to new experiences
3. Meet new people – networking with people inside and outside of your industry
4. Welcome all ideas; even bad ones
5. Challenge established ideas
6. Re-word the problem
7. Get someone else’s perspective
8. Try working from a new location
9. Go for a long walk, take a bath, go on holiday, sleep on it etc.
10. Alter your routine
11. Carry a notepad and pen
12. Carry a smart phone
13. Follow industry experts on blogs and twitter
14. Revisit rejected ideas
15. Have a genuine interest in the area you are focusing on
16. Listen to different types of music – creating different moods and states
18. Draw pictures instead of writing words
19. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes and thinking space
20. RoleStorming… (No I didn’t just make that up)
21. Alcohol is idea lubricant!
22. Hang out with people who are passionate about what they do
23. Ask a child
24. Buy a magic whiteboard
25. Use idea generation software (shameless plug!)
If you are you looking to build your company’s innovation capabilities, get the guide to becoming an EveryDay innovator and you’ll learn:
- Nine steps to harnessing innovation from within
- How to use outcome driven change to set objectives
- What key metrics to measure to drive real results
- How your organisation needs to create its own language around innovation
- Real examples of innovation programmes delivering success